Recipe courtesy Melanie Franks:
50g dried mushrooms, rehydrated in water overnight
30g ginger, charred
100g carrot, charred
100g cabbage, charred
4 cloves roasted garlic
20g soy sauce
20g red wine vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Put water and kombu into a pot and bring the mixture up to 175˙F.
2. Remove kombu from the water.
3. Add charred vegetables, roasted garlic, and rehydrated mushrooms to water and simmer for 30 minutes and remove from heat.
4. While the broth is still hot add the Pu-erh tea and steep for 10 minutes.
5. Strain broth and add soy sauce, red wine vinegar, and salt.
6. Serve broth with noodle, sautéed mushrooms, poached egg, and seasonal vegetables.