Recipe courtesy Melanie Franks:
200g Glutinous Rice, soaked overnight
2 cloves, minced
2 shallots, minced
50g Wood Dragon Oolong Tea in a sachet
Salt to taste
1. Sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil until soft and tender.
2. Add strained rice to the aromatics.
3. Add the Oolong Tea and Sachet and bring to a boil.
4. Once the tea comes to a boil reduce heat to a simmer and stir occasionally until rice is cooked.
5. Discard tea sachet and season rice.
6. Pour rice into non-stick pan to cool. (alternatively rice can be served right away)
7. Once rice is cool, cut the rice into squares or circles and sear on both side.
8. Heat rice cake through in oven.
9. Serve rice with sautéed vegetable and a fried egg.